Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:40:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>, freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Journaling Filesystems in bsd?  (LFS, anyone?)

> If NetBSD has an LFS, I think it would be best to port that and strive
> to remain compatible with NetBSD rather than invent our own stuff.

Actually, the LFS that has been ressurected in NetBSD is also available in
FreeBSD on old systems. It got yanked at LFS_RETIRE. Anyway, the
implementation is apparently rather proof-of-concept stage, as I've heard,
so you might actually do well to join up with the NetBSD people to make a
more proper such filesystem. Or, get someone to port WAFL, and get NVRAM.

Marius