Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:01:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Raghuveerreddy <raghu@teamf1.com>
Subject:   why questions go unanswered.

Ok, this is the 3rd email I've seen on -questions today with a question
that makes someone willing to provide an answer have go through hoops
to help out the person posing the question.

The reason these questions go unanswered is because the question is
about something a lot of people haven't heard about and no URL is
given to help someone formulate an answer.

Normally these questions would probably go unanswered but i'm giving the
two of you a second chance.

specifically in re:

Jason J. Horton asked:

  Has anyone gotten CUPS to compile on FreeBSD?
  This links page has a link to freebsd.org, but
  no where in thier docs do they say they support
  it, and a make dies very early in the compile process.

and Raghuveerreddy <raghu@teamf1.com> asked:

  I just want to know whether FreeBsd firwall conforms to the norms of ICSA.

and I respond:

give me a URL to these things (CUPS/ICSA), dammit.
c'mon throw me a bone here, can anyone do that? </dr evil>

ok?

thanks,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]