Date:      Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:53:32 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Dingo project: acx(4)

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the right list to send this, but this is a kind of
fallback.

While reading the FreeBSD status report, the Dingo part, I decided to
have a look at Dingo's goals to freshen up my memory.  I saw that it
is planned to import the pff(4) driver.

I would like to point to developpers that Darron Broad coded the acx(4)
driver for the chip which has the same name.  The driver is an
interpretation of the corresponding Linux driver.  It works for most
card for what I heard, except for those based on ACX111.

I would like to know if it is an option to include his driver in the
source tree given that it's working well (the lastest version support
the new 80211 framework), and that it would be a pity if this driver
was forgotten and never really exploited, IMHO.

http://wlan.kewl.org/

Thank you.
Regards,
--