Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:48:11 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Tim Schutt <tschutt@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix, smtp-auth, Cyrus SASL for relay restriction troubles.

--On Saturday, July 17, 2004 7:28 PM -0400 Tim Schutt <tschutt@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey People,
> ok... My hair is falling out fast enough without me pulling it, so I'm
> looking for some help with this:
> I've installed postfix and Cyrus SASL on FreeBSD 5.1 and I am having
> the worst time getting any authentication to work for smtp-auth. I've
> attached log and configuration snips below. Please forgive if there is
> an ignorant mistake here... I admit to being fairly new to the whole
> UNIX thing.

What do you have in master.cf?

Here's a working one.

smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member