Date:      27 Jul 1999 10:34:04 +0200
From:      Christoph Haas <ch@adimus.de>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Point of Sale software

Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net> writes:

> Doug writes:
> > Steve Rubin wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone know of any point of sale software that runs under FreeBSD?
> >
> > 	As much as I love freebsd, 80-90% of POS stuff runs on OS/2, and is time

Well, at least SCO provides as POS base system which runs on, you
guess it, SCO OpenServer (designed for embedded systems that run on
one of those PC based cash registers). So there must be some sort of
POS software that runs on OpenServer, and thinking of iBCS2
compatibility, one should give it a try and run those packages on
FreeBSD with SCO compatibility.

I don't have an url at hand for those packages, but it should not be
hard to find some. Maybe a look at SCO's homepage offers some hints.

HTH,

	Christoph

--
       Christoph Haas             Adimus Beratungsgesellschaft für System-
System Administration & Design,   und Netzwerkadministration mbH & Co KG