Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2013 10:09:01 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: clang's scan-build tool?

Hi Kurt,

On 4 Oct 2013, at 03:50, Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net> wrote:

> However, I don't get the "scan-build" tool that is one of
> clang's tools - it doesn't look like it got imported into
> the contrib/llvm/clang/tools directory.
>=20
> Given the usefulness of this tool, is there any chance it
> could be included under the aegis of WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS?

The scan-build tool (and scan-view) is a Python script, so putting it in =
the base system without Python being in the base system wouldn't be much =
help.  It would make a bit more sense to have the scan-view script from =
the base system as a stand-alone port, with an explicit Python =
dependency, so that it could be installed easily and Just Work=99, =
rather than having something in the base system that required a port to =
be installed before it would actually work.

David