Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 22:53:55 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail masquerading breaks local mail delivery

On May 3, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
>  This is in bert.coremedicalsolutions.com.submit.mc:

I'm not convinced it's a good idea to do MASQUERADE'ing in the
submit.mc, use the normal sendmail.mc file for the MTA, not the MSA.

> As a result of this, though, all the periodic mails and the output
> from cron are now (I gather) having the local hostname stripped, and
> being sent off to the MX-listed mailer for the wider domain at an ISP.
> How do I get local mail delivered locally, while still masquerading
> the domain name for non-local mail?

Local delivery is handled by class w, and you can put hostnames for
which local delivery will happen into a file as well, typically
/etc/mail/local-host-names.

--
-Chuck