Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:55:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject:   Re: IBM JDK status

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Milo Hyson wrote:

> > Are you just using the JDK as is on FreeBSD?  If so I recommend trying it
> > with one of the available JITs (OpenJIT, shuJIT).
>
> I've tried both on several systems, installing from ports and source.
> They're unstable. They work for a few minutes and then segfault.

  I'm sure that Alexey would appreciate any samples cases that can crash
jdk1.4.1-p2.  Now that there is someone on this list who is getting paid
to make java work, everyone should take advantage!  Besides, this will
only make it better.  jdk1.4.1-p2 can already run non-trival server apps
like Tomcat, so it is not too far off.

> --
> Milo Hyson
> CyberLife Labs