Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 00:03:14 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Matt Thyer <matt.thyer@gmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't the packages get built for the runtime dependencies of the package I am building ?

--nextPart1339657.1ZdPlqxNeh

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:17, Matt Thyer wrote:
> I have been messing around with making releases and packages.
>
> I've been making packages with an alias which expands to the below:
>
> (sudo make clean; sudo make BATCH=3DYES PACKAGES=3D/home/me/Packages
> package clean && make describe >> ~/Packages/INDEX)
>
> The problem is that packages for the runtime dependencies of what I am
> building do not get made.
>
> Surely there is a simple way to have the runtime dependency packages
> built as well.
>
> Is this possible, or do I have to write my own script to recursively
> determine the runtime dependencies and build those packages first ?

Try..

make package DEPENDS_TARGET=3Dpackage

Also make sure you build in a chroot so you don't get things not building=20
because the host environment already has them..

Here's a few notes I wrote down on release building if you're interested.
http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/FreeBSD-release-2.html

(4.x though)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."