Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 16:28:07 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andrewk@redwing.airship.net
Subject:   Re: Installion bootup problems

On Sat, Jun 21, 1997 at 09:59:00AM -0500, Andrew Kaufmann wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Steve Howe wrote:
>
> > > in booting the system.  The computer starts up, does the RAM check, prints
> > > the CMOS settings, then prints a couple other messages standard to a
> > > functional boot (Cache type.. EDO in DRAM..).  Afterwards, it reads from
> >
> > what are the exact messages preceeding the failure?
>
> External Cache Type: Pipelined Burst
> EDO in DRAM Row(s) 0,1,2,3
>
> 	-Andrew Kaufmann

This is a very interesting problem and one all will want to see solved. Just
a couple of things. Its queer that another machine can read the floppy and
yours doesn't even start to, not even the boot block.

Did you do all the floppy work from real dos, not w95 or w31 dos prompt?

Did you use the batch file, called I think, makeflp.bat, that does a format /u
on the floppy first?

Is your floppy drive a standard 3.5" 1.44mb or one of the new L120's?

Will your machine read a dos boot floppy?

I don't know, any other questions guys?

Tom