Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:40:34 -0500
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        "Dustin" <dustin@marsik.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Access Windows share from FreeBSD (Cannot write)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dustin" <dustin@marsik.org>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:17 PM

> I'm able to read from the smb share but I cannot write to it.
> Permissions in XP are set up correctly, do you know why I wouldn't be
> able to write to the directory?
>
> ~dustin

If I recall this particular problem correctly, Windows uses 2 sets of
permissions. Permissions on the files/folder itself and then share
permissions to that file/folder. Whichever is more restrictive is honored
when an attempt is made to write to it. Make sure that the proper
permissions are in both places.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.