Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:47:32 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raplayer- realaudio

Lee Cremeans:
 |On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 11:33:27PM -0500, Randall Hopper wrote:
 |
 |> However, I also have RealPlayer G2 v6.0 for Linux installed.  It plays
 |> audio .ra's much better, and does .ra video clips as well.
 |
 |Hm. i'm wondering..have you gotten any weird problems with jumpy audio and
 |video with your copy of G2? My copy of the G2 alpha "slideshows" the video
 |(even on streams coming off my hard disk) and has the occasional jump in
 |audio playback.

If I play their welcome.rm off the hard disk, it's continuous in audio and
video.  The only exception is sometimes the first time I play it, I'll get
one real short (1/10th second or so) break in the audio.  No big deal.

 |audio playback. I'm gonna install linux_base-6.1 and see if that fixes it;
 |is there anything else I could try?

Here's what I've got:

   > pkg_info -Ia | grep linux_base
   linux_base-5.2      The base set of packages needed in Linux mode

   SoundBlaster 32 non-PnP w/ Voxware sound drivers
     sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
     sbxvi0 at drq 5 on isa
     sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
     opl0 at 0x388 on isa
     awe0 at 0x620 on isa
     awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM8192k)>

   FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE

   > pkg_info -Ia | grep Real
   RealPlayerG2-6.0    RealPlayer G2player-6.0-0.99051701 for Linux

   CPU: AMD K6-III 400
   Vid: Matrox G200 16MB
     X: XFree86 3.3.5, 16bpp, 1344x1008

BTW, I checked the libs realplay is linked against, and it appears that all
those not provided in the package are in the linux_base-5.2 package.

Randall