Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 01:08:05 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Dmitry Valdov <dv@dv.ru>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/ppp ip.c (fwd)

Are you doing anything funny with ``hostname'' on your machine ?
The only reports I've heard where ppp hangs at startup is when your
``hostname'' won't resolve (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html).

If this isn't the problem, I'd appreciate if you could build ppp with
-g and when it hangs, run ``gdb -p whatever'' and do a ``bt''.

Cheers.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;