Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:05:24 -0400
From:      Dan Ponte <dcp1990@neptune.atopia.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dump woes

<snip>
I hate to followup to my own message, however I believe that I have
identified a possible culprit (without solution, of course). Observe:
	DUMP: estimated -1531206574 tape blocks.
	DUMP: 99.99% done, finished soon
I suspect an integer overflow somewhere, but this is highly unusual
asI've seen many posts in various archives where the exact command
syntax I had was used, and it showed positive tape block calculations
and real percentages. This filesystem is only 17GB, with 4.1GB used (as
I said earlier).
-Dan
--
Dan Ponte