Date:      Sat, 22 May 2010 03:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question regarding FTP_PROXY

Hi freebsd folks,

I'm having troubles installing some ports because I'm behind a restrictive pf firewall. I've heard that this could
be circumvented if I use a ftp_proxy. I have this debian server that can access ftp sites and I installed vsftp on
that and checked I can get to that box with ftp.

However, if I try this command from my freebsd box:

fetch: ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/utilities/screen/screen-4.0.3.tar.gz

I get:

"Not logged in"

My ftp proxy environment variable in .profile is:

FTP_PROXY=ftp://ftp:ftp@192.168.2.101:21 (also tried with only ftp://192.168.2.101:21 but no luck)
export FTP_PROXY

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks