Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:09:26 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposal on shared libs version values.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 11:41:41AM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> When libc is built, we could link it with "-h libc.so.5-13-Feb-2001"

Actually I think I like libc.so.5.<date> to stand for a development
version of libc.so.5 better than the libc.so.500 scheme.
libc.so.5.<date> gives a better matching of what the shared version
number would be when released.  It also makes it very clear when the
incompatible change happened.  (encoding of date left unspecified)

Opinions?