Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:01:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Geoffrey T. Cheshire" <gches@goodnet.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ncurses 5.2 port breaks many things

Hi,

I'm a bit flummoxed as after my install of ncurses 5.2, pine, xemacs, and
others are broken.  For example, pine when not run as superuser gets:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.5: Undefined symbol
"SP"

But fires up when run as root.  This is odd.

I tried to recompile xemacs because the Undefined symbol error was showing
up with some functions.  Now the compile dies with many lines like:

/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `SP'
/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `_nc_set_buffer'
/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `tparm'
/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `has_key'
/usr/local/lib/libncurses.so: undefined reference to `_nc_str_null'
[. . .]

Any ideas??

Geoffrey T. Cheshire <gches@goodnet.com> <geoffrey.cheshire@azbar.org>