Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 14:35:19 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Abel Mayal <mayala@info.bt.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing dvips

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 11:10:09AM +0100, Abel Mayal wrote:
> Hello!
> I am working with latex and I need to use dvips to convert dvi files to
> ps. I download the file from:
> ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/dviware/dvips/dvips576.tar.gz
> <ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/dviware/dvips/dvips576.tar.gz>; . I have
> decompressed the file and I read the INSTALLATION file. I have all the
> necessary changes in the Makefile and the MakeTeXPK. I ran "make dvips"
> and it worked all right after changing the CC compiler for C++ (becouse
> before it said that couldn't find the function
> "floor"), after that I ran "make install" and loads of errors came out.
> All the errors are related to the
> first file that compiles "afm2tfm.c". Below there are some of the errors
> that it occurs:

<errors>
> I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I really need the dvips application,
> please can anyone help me?

Did you use the port? The port should take care of this sort of
problems. There seems to be no precompiled package, I assume that's
because the port asks for questions (is interactive).

I'm using the teTeX distribution (also in the ports collection), which
includes dvips and it is working very well.

Karel.