Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2013 23:11:55 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CFT: PCI Command Register fixups

Hi,

I'll test out the iwn patch, thanks!

-adrian

On 9 August 2013 20:56, Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> Subversion rev 250418 affected approximately 63 drivers by making them vu=
lnerable to resource allocation failures on motherboards with buggy BIOSes.=
  The revision itself is good, but it needs to address these drivers and br=
ing them up to what is, in effect, a modified way for drivers to manage the=
ir PCI resources.  If you've been seeing something like the following messa=
ge since June 24/27, then you need this patch:

> mps0: <LSI SAS2116> port 0xd000-0xd0ff mem 0xfb79c000-0xfb79ffff irq 19 a=
t device 0.0 on pci4
> mps0: PCI memory window not available
> device_attach: mps0 attach returned 6
>
> The patch originated from John Baldwin, I merely fixed up a few nits and =
am passing it around for review and testing.  Please find it here: