Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:12:34 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing unused core components. (Disabled in make.conf)

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 10:20 am, Tom Judge wrote:
> I have the following options in /etc/make.conf:
> NO_PROFILE=true
> NO_SENDMAIL=true
> NO_GAMES=true
> NO_I4B=true
> NO_ATM=true
> NO_INET6=true
> NO_BLUETOOTH=true
> NO_IPFILTER=true
> NO_RCMDS=true
> NO_KERBEROS=true
>
> However after a "make buildworld installworld" the utilities and libs
> associated with these packages are still installed,  is there any easy
> way to remove them from the system?

There are scripts floating around the Internet that automate this.  There
are a couple linked off http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/ but you'll have
to search the archives to find them.

There's nothing built-in to FreeBSD that handles this.  At least not that
I've found / heard of.  I could be wrong, though.
--
Freddie Cash
fcash@ocis.net