Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   WinVNC and natd

I'm trying to configure my router running 3.4-stable to divert packets to
VNC boxes behind my router/firewall. In my natd.conf I have:

n pn0
unregistered_only
use_sockets
redirect_port tcp reagan:5802 5802
redirect_port udp reagan:5802 5802
redirect_port tcp reagan:5902 5902
redirect_port udp reagan:5902 5902

redirect_port tcp lincoln:5804 5804
redirect_port udp lincoln:5804 5804
redirect_port tcp lincoln:5904 5904
redirect_port udp lincoln:5904 5904

log yes

I also have met all of the requirements in man natd like having:
natd            8668/divert # Network Address Translation

in my services file.

my rc.conf has natd related stuff like:
gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="pn0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

of course after pn0 is defined and started :)

Now the problem. I can't connect through my router. VNC just tells me it
can't find the server. From my understanding since I'm using 5802/5902 I
should be connecting to display # 2 in VNC to get at reagan.

I've tried debugging using tcpdump and looking in the alias.log but I
never see anything of worth to tell me what's going on. Has anyone dealt
with setting this kind of thing up?

David
doc@wcug.wwu.edu
Washington State Resident