Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:24:04 -0400
From:      Ken Moore <ken@pcbsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PKGNG: ability to view pkg-plist?

Hey guys,

I have been looking around, but I am unable to find a way to easily read
the pkg-plist within a PKGNG package on the repository. Is this
functionality missing in pkg, or am I just missing something?

Just for a bit of context:
I am working on adding the functionality into EasyPBI to work *without*
a local copy of the ports tree available, so I am trying to grab all the
information about a given package from the remote repository (with user
privileges) to maintain the "Easy" part of EasyPBI in the new version.
Most of the information can be easily pulled using "pkg rquery", but the
only thing I am still missing is the ability to search through the
pkg-plist for binaries/icons/etc..

Thanks!

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~