Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:44:43 -0500
From:      Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lexmark Z33 printer help

> From: Morten Grunnet Buhl <no-spam@deter.dk>
> Date: 2002/10/28 Mon PM 07:41:13 EST
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Lexmark Z33 printer help
>

> Hello fellow FreeBSD friends,
> I would like to hear if anyone have gotten a Lexmark Z33 printer
> working. I have found this link [1] to an official linux lexmark driver
> but I cant get it working with ghostscript port.
> I could really need some pointers  by now. Im completely clueless.
>
> Btw the printer is an usb..

Those Lexmark Zxx printers are GDI printers that depend on the host OS to do some of the processing. It's the printer equivalent of a Winmodem. It will only work for systems they have released binary drivers for.
I have a Z52 which I've gotten to work w/o their drivers on Linux via gimp-print and Cups. Without the Linux (RH & Mandrake) wizards I would have never figured it out, which is why I still can't print from FreeBSD to it. Allegedly, the Z52 is one of the few Winprinters in existence that actually works w/o binary drivers though.
I keep intending to try to copy the config files from Linux to FreeBSD, but it just isn't high priority.

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like nobody's watching
Love like you've never been hurt