Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:24:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK1.2 port

> Has anyone had any luck with the linux port for 1.2 under emulation??

Haven't tried it myself :).

> I have it installed but am getting the following error when running java:
>
> /usr/bin/expr: not found

There is a /compat/linux/usr/bin/expr though, which is possibly what is
wanted.

> Error: can't find libjava.so.

Sounds like you may have this shared library (I assume it comes with the
Linux JDK) somewhere the Linux loader can't find it.  Try putting it
in /compat/linux/usr/lib and rerunning /compat/linux/ldconfig, or else
using ldconfig to get the Linux loader to search whereever you've put it.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083