Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 09:39:04 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: drivers

On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:42:26 +0930
Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Nowhere is a good place to send 10 MB of illegible log output.  Please
> don't.

I agree.

> Do you really expect people to read this?  It's incorrectly coded, and
> it's far too long.  Many people pay for their mail; you have cost me
> personally $2.00 to download this message.

Knowing what kind of setup you have Greg, I can believe that.

Although it has opened up a rather large can of worms.  Can the list
maintainers restrict message sizes to less than a meg?  I honestly
can't imagine any possible reason for sending an attachment larger than
500K (shar files, etc) to a public mailing list.

Is it worth looking into doing this, or am I barking up the wrong
metaphor?

Regards

Tim

--