Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:14:51 -0600
From:      Zach Thompson <hideo@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>
Cc:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom can't be mounted under freeBSD 4.5-stable

* Scott M. Nolde <scott@smnolde.com> [2002-04-27 14:32]:
> Ian Dowse(iedowse@maths.tcd.ie)@2002.04.27 21:28:11 +0000:
> > >Interesting, because in the /dev/MAKEDEV script is this concerning the
> > >minor number:
> > >... which is exactly what I have.  What's in your MAKEDEV?  When/why did
> > >the "+ 2" get in there if it's incorrect?
> >
> > You have a stale MAKEDEV. You need at least revision 1.243.2.45
> > (March 18th) to pick up the changes that occurred with the big ATA
> > merge from -current. Maybe you forgot to run mergemaster after
> > updating?
> >
> > Ian
>
> Nope, I ran mergemaster and I was not promted to.  Interesting you mention
> the version.  I have 1.243.2.44 2002/03/11 after running a cvsup this
> morning and rebuilding everything.

I had the same problem after cvsupping on April 23 (# $FreeBSD:
src/etc/MAKEDEV,v 1.243.2.47 2002/04/21 19:47:06 will Exp $). Even
though I ran mergemaster I was never prompted to run MAKEDEV and had to
do it manually. The only thing I can think that I did differently was
using the -C option with mergemaster.

Zach Thompson