Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:31:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Dirk GOUDERS <hank@et.bocholt.fh-ge.de>
Cc:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SURVEY: Sound cards that work under FreeBSD

In message <199907261246.OAA00394@musashi.et.bocholt.fh-ge.de> Dirk GOUDERS writes:
: What I still don't understand is the following message at boot time:
:           pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xe400
: I am wondering why there is a message concerning pcm1 instead of pcm0...

Quirks in config system in -stable cause it to usually attach to pcm1
when it is on the pci bus.  It is nothing to worry about, just be
aware that things like /dev/mixer, et al, need to point to the 1 unit
rather than the 0 unit.

Warner