Date:      14 Nov 1997 14:30:59 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet packet generation

Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca> writes:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Michael Knoll wrote:
> > Is there a way to generate an ethernet packet, with an unsupported protocol
> > through a user level program?
> Yes. Use bpf.

On a related subject, is there documentation available on how to
program BPF under FreeBSD or other BSD unices? I think I've mostly
figured it out from reading tcpdump and trafshow source as well as the
Usenix'93 BPF paper, but I'd still like docs.

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"