Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:03:06 -0500
From:      Alan Amesbury <amesbury@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to check bsd performance

"binto" <binto@triplegate.net.id> wrote:

> Sorry, u right i should be more focus for my question
> more detail is
> - how do i know if mybsd running in good performance?
> or
> - where can i get some basic tutor for nice perf. tuning?
>
> btw, thx for ur response...both of u
> sorry if my english not good, coz not my native......:D

See tuning(7).  It has some basic pointers for things to look at when
considering performance tuning.  I also suggest making heavy use of
tools like vmstat(8) and iostat(8) (or systat(1), e.g., 'systat -vm') to
become familiar with your system's functioning *before* you start
tweaking it.

--
Alan Amesbury
OIT Security and Assurance