Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:31:40 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
Cc:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-stable-local@be-well.no-ip.com>, Hongbo Li <stevensbsd@yahoo.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading problem

--==_Exmh_-945618608P

If memory serves me right, Barney Wolff wrote:
> The problem appears to be that the default result of .Os is still
> "FreeBSD 4.6" according to man 7 mdoc, on my RELENG4 system
> cvsupped 10/18.  mdoc.local 1.2.2.15 appears to define it that way.

Oops.  We seriously need to reorganize our version number bump list.

> It appears that RELENG_4 should be using 1.2.2.15.2.1 instead, or
> another tag that will get 4.7 as the default.

Not quite.  The correct fix is to update the file on the RELENG_4
branch, not to grab this one file from the RELENG_4_7 branch.

> Ok, ok, I'll send the PR. :)

Thanks for the PR, Barney!

I committed the update as version 1.2.2.16 of mdoc.local.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-945618608P

--==_Exmh_-945618608P--