Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:48:30 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maildir with softupdates

Basically, if you want to ensure that email wont get lost, put the=20
maildirs and mail queue on separate partitions and mount them sync.=20
This is what I do.

If you have to speed things, try first a battery backed raid controler=20=

and enable the write cache on it. Of course, you should always use an=20
UPS and some will say you can take the risk of enabling soft-updates=20
anyway.

But realise that if you have only a small load on the mail server, then=20=

having the partition mounted sync wont make such a big difference. If=20
you are under high load, when you need performance, you also need to=20
mount sync, as the potential of loss is much greater...

just my two cents

Raphael

Le Mercredi, 23 juil 2003, =E0 17:38 Europe/Zurich, Bill Moran a =E9crit =
: