Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 15:59:44 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The jump to 3

At 08:56 AM 3/26/97 -0500, Steve wrote:
>>    Symetric Multi-Processing. ...the ability to have multiple CPUs
>> simultaneously executing processes on a machine.
>>

>I was too chicken to ask this, and am glad it was asked!

Hehe!  I knew what is was for, just the "S" part was bugging me.

You need some guts for an admin job, still not fun when something breaks on
an upgrade.

Digged for a read_me came up null.

>You guys are just as smart as you get !

One off-list reply went so far as to say that 2-8 processors can be used.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990