Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:34:26 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>, Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>, Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@Freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xfree

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 12:23:35PM -0500, Rick Knebel wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just installed 3.4 on my computer. The install went very smmoth including
> > X.
> > When I try to type start x though it crashes with a series of error messages
> > like this.
>
> If you "type start x" I don't think you'll get anything. WHAT exactly do
> you type?

I hope he's typing "startx" with no space. And yes, he'll get a very
basic desktop, not sure what the default is called.

> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 : /usr/local/lib/libkdeui.so.2 : "__ t.6Q Frame0"
> >
> > Does this make sense to anyone?

Sorry, haven't a clue.
Oops. This may be a stupid question, but you did run XF86Setup first,
didn't you?

> > Thakns
> > Rick
> >

> > Rick Knebel
> > rknebel@uplink.net
> > http://rknebel.uplink.net

> --
>                            __o
> regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
> email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

Walter Brameld

Join the Army. Meet interesting people. Kill them.
TANSTAAFL