Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 08:30:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Building off a CDROM

> Aren't we planning to fix this in 2.1? :-)  Add enough ports and there will
> no longer be room.  (I like bloat in ports but not in src.)

Look -- the 1 CD distribution shouldn't be considered a plus.
Look at InfoMagic's 4 cd set -- selling like hotcakes.

How about 1 CD -- install and sources
          1 CD Ports and Applications and Commercial Demos.

When FreeBSD takes off like Linux we'll have the 4 CD boxed set too!

Take a look at the InfoMagic support phone number arrangement and
install booklet.  I'm a subscriber to their service for Linux and
it's EXCELLENT.

Folks -- comparison shop the competition! (Well, not really competition)

Bill
 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  |
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil