Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:01:33 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh - are you nuts?!?

At 2:11 AM -0800 12/23/00, opentrax@email.com wrote:
>On 22 Dec, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>  > People in the "FreeBSD community" are invited to read the
>>  rambling and pointless discussions that this sparked in
>>  the OpenBSD and NetBSD communities before repeating all
>>  those arguments in all the freebsd mailing lists.
>>
>>  If you still think you have something to say which wasn't
>  > said in those threads, well, have fun at it.
>>
>     I'm not sure where you gather your information, but
>but other mailing list have been very helpful about this
>subject. As matter of fact, the harshes critics to date
>have been from OpenBSD. I'm not sure if we are both
>reading the same material.

a.  I am part of the openbsd community too, although I am
     much more of a lurker there.  You have your opinion
     of how well the thread went there, I have mine.

b.  All I said was that it would be a good idea for people
     to read the other threads before commenting.  There is
     no sense repeating arguments which have already been
     presented.  Assuming you are just collecting ideas for
     some presentation, you already have those ideas.  There
     is no need to have them repeated here.