Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:21:21 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>, Beau <beau@dentedreality.com.au>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Documentation

And that is a failure of the fact that I didn't send a code diff, but
instead sent plain text.

On Wednesday January 31, 2001 05:13, Gregory Sutter wrote:
> On 2001-01-31 02:26 -0500, Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> wrote:
> > On Tuesday January 30, 2001 20:32, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > > However, people don't seem to be noticing this, nor do they
> > > notice the text at the front of the Handbook, and other docs,
> > > which explains this as well.  At this point, I'd welcome
> > > suggestions for ways to make this information more obvious.
> >
> > Making an one document html version available right there like the
> > FAQ does would be good.
> > 	As long as we are being pedantic and trying to make it easier than
> > easy, I think this would help:
>
> [..]
> > 	If you would prefer to have a hard copy of the handbook, you can
> > purchase one at the FreeBSD Mall. You may also want to Search the
> > Handbook.

That is what the online handbook currently says, I didn't change that
part.

> I like your changes, with one nit. The FreeBSD Handbook is a project
> document, and not affiliated with BSDi. There are several other
> places where hardcopies of the FreeBSD Handbook may be purchased,
> including the Daemon News Mall [1], Amazon, and FatBrain. Therefore,
> the second quoted portion above should say something more like this:
>
> =====
>
> You may want to search the Handbook.
>
> If you would prefer to read a hardcopy version of the Handbook,
> you can purchase one at one of many online stores.  Your library
> should also have one, so request it if they don't.
>
> =====

Of course, the fact that I didn't change that part, doesn't mean it
would be bad to include your changes too.  Though mentioning that you
can get it at "many online stores" without providing links doesn't seem
too helpful.  Then of course you get into the situation of deciding
which ones to include.  I don't know the policy on that.

						Tim