Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:49:19 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ssh port broken?

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 11:01:27AM +1100, Kal Torak wrote:
> Hiyas,
>
> When I recently tried to make the ssh port on 4.2 Stable, it breaks
> when checking for xauth...
> If ssh depends on xauth shouldn't it install it?
> Was the port broken or something? Or am I the problem?

Do you have X installed? If not, you should build it like so,

  # make -DWITHOUT_X11

> Anyone know whats going on with it?

Looking at the Makefile, that's my guess, but I haven't dealt with the
ssh port in a long time since OpenSSH became part of the base
system. Is there a reason you are adding the ssh port instead of using
the OpenSSH that comes in the 4.2 distfiles?