Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:54:02 +0200
From:      Elias Chrysocheris <eliaschr@cha.forthnet.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall Post-install System Management

On Friday 19 of February 2010 21:58:53 Erik Norgaard wrote:
> On 19/02/10 20:42, Programmer In Training wrote:
> > Any clues or alternate ways of getting this done?
>
> IIRC you first need to load the linux and linprocfs kernel modules and
> mount linproc.
>
> BR, Erik

If you have never used the portsnap system before, the first thing you have to
do is:
portsnap fetch extract

Then every time you need to update the portsnap you have to use the command:
portsnap fetch update

I fyou want to install the linux compatibility system you must first load the
linux kernel module using (as root):
kldload linux

In /etc/fstab you have to add the following two lines:
linproc  /usr/compat/linux/proc  linprocfs rw  0  0
proc     /proc                           procfs    rw  0  0

then mount these filesystems using:
mount linproc
mount proc

as root

Then you should be able to install the linux ports you want for the flash
player, emulators/linux_base-f10 and www/linux-f10-flashplugin10

Regards,
Elias