Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:22:26 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        "Carlos F. A. Paniago" <carlos.paniago@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need driver

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:41:32PM -0300, Carlos F. A. Paniago wrote:
 > Hi I have an wireless card PCI ENLWL-G, and it appear to lspci -v -l as:
 > none0@pci0:12:0:        class=0x020000 card=0x1faa11ab chip=0x1faa11ab
 > rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
 >    vendor     = 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
 >    class      = network
 >    subclass   = ethernet

It's Marvell Libertas 88W8335 802.11g wireless adapter.

 > After researching the net, I found that there is an driver to OpenBSD
 > (malo) for this chipset.

Yes, OpenBSD have malo(4) for this wireless adapter.
I've tried to ndis(4) but it didn't work. I'm not sure whether
it's fault of ndis(4) or Windows NDIS miniport driver I've used.

 > Is someone  working in an port to FreeBSD? I'm willing to try this
 > driver in an FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 machine. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to port malo(4) from OpenBSD if time permits. Because I'm
not familiar with wireless area it would take very long time(i.e No ETA)
and I'm not sure I can manage to port it at the moment.
Btw, one of issues I'm aware is lack of firmware distribution. AFAIK
we would end up with extracting firmware images from Windows miniport
driver. I don't think we(FreeBSD) can ship the firmware images
extracted from Windows driver.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon