Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2001 07:12:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle816 install

> I have been attempting to get Oracle816 for Linux
> installed on my FreeBSD v42stable box.

After some months of monitoring various Oracle newsgroups it appears that
the last version of Oracle to install under FreeBSD was 8.0.5, and that
no one had been able to install 8.1.5/6/7.

I am wondering if it would be possible to do an install under RH 6.2 (7.0
as from the CD doesn't work) and then move the binaries.  This is not
very expensive or time consuming in a world of $20 9GB drives.

I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong...

Mike Squires