Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:45:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Graham Bentley" <gbentley@uk2.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID Advice

Hello All,

I am setting up FreeBSD 5.4 on a Dell SC1420 server. It has an Adaptec
39320 SCSI Card which will do RAID 1 Hosting. I have Control-A and
enterd the SCSI BIOS and created a RAID Pair from the two 73 GB SCSI
Discs. When I came to install FreeBSD I only used the first disc it
had detected [da0] There was a lot of disc activity and the install
went ok (if not a bit slower than usual) but if I try and mount
/dev/da1 (the second disc) I get "no such file or directory" - I am
using ;

mount -t ufs /dev/sd1 /mnt

How do I check that the data is mirrored and should I be able to
access this disc if all is correct ?

Also, should I enable write cache on the host card ?

Thanks !