Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 01:45:27 -0500
From:      "Matthew Soffen" <matt@soffen.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP getting FTP Install to work.

I am trying to do the installation of FreeBSD 2.2.5 via an
anonymous FTP connection.

I get the machine (a Digital Venturis P60 with 32MB Ram, 4x CDROM
and a 3COM Network card) to boot using the FreeBSD Boot Floppy. I
can get through the configuration stuff however, as soon as the
install gets to adding the "default route" it just hangs and
eventually times out.  It appears to have found the network card
alright (no error messages on V2).

I have an NT 4.0 server running as my router which is currently
allowing a Win95 box to go through the connection fine so I don't
think that is the problem.

For some reason it just doesn't appear to be seeing the network (Base2).

Any suggestions for what I need to look at ?

Any/all help would be hightly appreciated.

Matt Soffen
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -