Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:42:06 -0700
From:      Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu>
To:        Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
Cc:        bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Novatel Merlin for Ricochet under FreeBSD

Just for those on the list's benefit: Nick and I exchanged notes, and it seems
we'd miscommunicated. In his earlier note to the list, he was speaking of the
*old* *non-Ricochet* Merlin card, which was CDPD, not for the Ricochet 128
Kbps network, which I was reporting not to work properly.

So my earlier note:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=45423+0+current/freebsd-mobile

still holds; I can't get the Merlin for Ricochet card to generate receive
interrupts, despite using an IRQ that works for all my other PC-Cards on the
same laptop.

I only wanted to follow up so that those on the list don't get the false
impression this problem has been solved, and/or buy Merlin Ricochet cards
assuming they'll work out-of-the-box.

-Brad, bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu