Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 16:56:01 +0200
From:      heikki soerum <heikkis@student.matnat.uio.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Derek at CD Baby <dereklist@cdbaby.com>
Subject:   Re: what MP3 portable hardware works with FreeBSD?

On Tue, 27 May 2003 23:18:41 +0200
Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org> wrote:
> Derek at CD Baby writes:
> > Anyone using an iPod or Archos Jukebox type USB HD MP3 player
> > with their FreeBSD box?
> The Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 works just fine. Make sure it's the
> Recorder!
> If you get one, install Rockbox (http://rockbox.haxx.se) on it. Very
> nice and totally safe!
I borrowed my Archos multimedia jukebox to an FBSD commiter and he
did a quick test on an Fbsd 5.1-BETA.
It didn't work even though usbd and umass.ko loads and works perfectly
fine, but he suspects it's a problem with the FAT32 drivers for Freebsd.
(the debugging and errorcodes hinted at such.)
maybe when 5.2 is released with a new set of fat32 drivers it might
work.

OT, regarding the rocbox project, are there any plans for extending
support to the Archos multimedia Jukebox? Probably not, but are there
any else working on such an project?

Anyway, here's an warning to Derek, Don't confuse the Archos Multimedia
jukebox with the other archos jukebox models, they are quite different
on the inside.

Heikki Soerum.