Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 18:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        ports
Subject:   Re: teTeX port broken?

  >  The current port works.

Yep, I'm running it right now.  Thanks.

  > a minor update of teTeX's texmf tree has been released last week

Argh, and I just installed the old version this morning.

  > You already have to be root when you run "make".

Yes, I broke down and read the pre-extract script and fiugred this
out.  Satoshi, why do we enforce mtree permissions for /usr/local?
I hate having to be root to install packages after I make them and
in this case, there's actually a port which require you to be root
when you're building it.  I sometimes chmod the group permissions
on my /usr/local tree, but this gets wiped out the next time I do
a make install because mtree changes it back.

  > BTW: Why do you not install the teTeX package?

I have strange CFLAGS options and the port does a CFLAGS = instead of
a CFLAGS += to add a -D parameter.