Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:57:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of lukemftpd?

In message: <20021028013606.GW69631@wantadilla.lemis.com>
            "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: On Saturday, 26 October 2002 at 22:59:02 -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
: >
: > On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, David O'Brien wrote:
: >
: >> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:17:09PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
: >>> Given that lukemftpd is highly feature incomplete with regards to the
: >>> default ftpd, I'd like to propose at least the following:
: >>
: >> What "default" ftpd?  We don't have one anymore.  I consider it a HUGE
: >> feature that lukemftpd doesn't do PAM.  Like the new "standards"
: >> headers, PAM has done nothing for me over what I had in pre-PAM'ized
: >> FreeBSD, but cause great pain.  Yet another promiss of something the
: >> better and easier that has not turned out to be the case.
: >
: > You seem to have ignored the remainder of my questions, including whether
: > or not you plan to add support for login.conf to lukemftpd, which is
: > required to support:
: >
: > ...
:
: Has anybody thought of talking to lukem about this?

I've talked to him abstractly about the idea in the past.  He's
indicated that he's willing to integrate FreeBSD stuff, but doesn't
have the time to actively do it himself.  Until someone steps up to
the plate to do it, lukemftpd won't change, and we'll still be in this
silly limbo.

Warner