Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 13:33:33 -0700
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad ld-elf.so.1?

Hi all,

I just did a make update; make buildworld; make buildkernel; make
installkernel; make installworld.

As soon as the new /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 gets installed I get sig 11s on
everything.  At one time I saw an assert, but I didn't write it down.

As soon as I put the old ld-elf.so.1 back, all is well again.  So, I
copied the old one into the /usr/obj area and managed to do a complete
make installworld.

The system is currently running just fine, but I've done a make
buildworld twice with the same result.

Here is my /etc/make.conf:

CPUTYPE?=athlon-xp
#DEBUG_FLAGS= -g

SUP_UPDATE=	yes
SUP=		/usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=	-g -L 2
SUPHOST=	cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
SUPFILE=	/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=	/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

KERNCONF=AMD

CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes
HAVE_GTK=yes
MAKE_KERBEROS5=yes