Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:43:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: confused with network cards

an ed0 card (ne2000 compatible) must be set to a specific io address and
irq and that info told to the kernel.  I use irq 5, io 340h.  Put this in
your kernel config and make a new kernel.  If you are going to ask how to
do either one of those I would refer you to the docomentation.  If this is
a new install, just know what irq and io address the nic card is set to
and tell sysinstall during the install.

Jim Cassata

516.421.6000
jim@web-ex.com