Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:37:56 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newsyslog.conf -- modes

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 09:18:47AM -0700, Tim Erlin wrote:
> The man page for newsyslog clearly states:
>
> "mode    Specify the mode of the log file and
> archives"
>
> Where can I find out what the possible modes are?

	The modes (for what are primarily text files) are things like
	0600, 0640, 0644, or whatever you choose.  If your printer
	handles postscript, it might help if you would do

	 % man -t newsyslog | lpr

	and take the printout, go in some corner, and read the man
	page.

--
   Gary D. Kline    kline@thought.org  www.thought.org    Public service Unix