Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:04:56 -0700
From:      "Mike Sweetser - Adhost" <mikesw@adhost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tftpd problems

I'm having problems setting up tftpd on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE - our Cisco
routers cannot connect to the server, and only small files can be
uploaded.

Here's the line from inetd.conf:

tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -w
-l -s /home/tftproot

When TFTPing from a Cisco router, a zero-byte file is created, and then
a timeout occurs and it errors out.

When TFTPing from a Windows XP machine, only about 20-30 bytes of the
file are uploaded.  No error is received, it says it completes the
upload.

Any ideas?

Mike Sweetser

Mike Sweetser | Systems Administrator

Adhost Internet
140 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 360, Seattle, Washington 98109 USA
P 206.404.9000    T 888.234.6781 (ADHOST-1)    F 206.404.9050
E mikesw@adhost.com    W adhost.com

Our brand new Adhost West data center is open - contact us for a tour at
1-888-234-6781 (ADHOST-1)